1. Which of the following description of a classroom best illustrates the use of technology in teaching and learning ?
(A) Classroom well decorated with pictures, charts and maps.
(B) Classroom provided with PC and CCTV connections.
(C) Classroom provided with electric supply for using gadgets.
(D) Both (A) and (B).
2.“Reverse the usual practice and you will almost always do right” was the dictum of
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
3. The coefficient of correlation lies from
(A) +1 to –1
(B) 0 to –1
(C) –1 to 0
(D) +1 to 0
4. Which of the following statements is true for the relationship between reliability and validity of a research tool ?
(A) A reliable test is always valid.
(B) A valid test must be reliable.
(C) A valid test may not be reliable.
(D) A reliable test is never valid
5. Who is the exponent of experience centered curriculum ?
(B) John Dewey
6. Match the items of List – I with List – II and select the correct matching from the given options :
7. The title of the Report of Education Commission (1964-66) is
(A) Learning without Burden
(B) An Enlightened and Humane Society
(C) Education and the People of India
(D) Education and National Development.
8. Reorganize the following steps of Descriptive Research in a correct sequence :
1. Collection and processing of data
2. Interpretation of results
3. Identification of a problem
4. Arranging of generalizations
5. Drafting of the report
6. Formulation of the hypothesis
(A) 6, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
(B) 6, 3, 1, 5, 2, 4
(C) 3, 6, 1, 5, 2, 4
(D) 3, 6, 1, 2, 4, 5
9. Which of the following was Ottway’s view on “Education and
Social Change” ?
(A) Education changes the society
(B) Educational change follows social change
(C) Educational change and social change are independent of one another.
(D) Educational change and social change are interdependent, but which is the cause and which is the effect can’t be determined.
10. Which of the following characteristic of modernization ?
(A) Religious faith
11. Schools are institutions because :
(A) They preserve and instill in future generations our culture.
(B) They suggest ways and means of social progress.
(C) They suggest solutions social problems.
(D) They are established by the society.
12. Which of the following works as a powerful barrier against vertical mobility in India ?
13. Which of the following is not defence mechanism ?
14. Which of the following is incorrect pairing ?
R–O–S Theory of Learning – I.P. Pavlov
S–R Theory – of Learning R. Guthri
R–S Theory of learning – C.I. Hull
S–O–R Theory of learning – B.F. Skinner
15.View that “Anything can be taught at any stage of development” was expressed by
16. Which of the following is the correct pairing ?
(A) Sign–Gestalt Theory of Learning – Bruner
(B) Classical Gestalt Theory of Learning – Kohler
(C) Field Theory of Learning – Tolman
(D) Operant Theory of Learning – Pavlov
17. “Give me a dozen of healthy children, I can make them doctors,
judges, magistrates, beggars even thieves.” This comment made by
(A) J.B. Watson
18. “A person’s psychological physical environments are identical” is the view of
(A) The Functionalists
(B) The Structuralists
(c)The Gestalt Field Psychologists
(D) The s-r Associationists
19. Find out the odd one.
20. “Things as they are and as they are likely to be encountered in life rather than words” was the slogan of
21. Balanced curriculum is also known as
(A) Integrated curriculum
(B) Experienced curriculum
(C) Activity centered curriculum
(D) Core curriculum
22. “All systems of ideas are subject to verification by consequences” is the core of the Philosophy of
23. Which Philosophy says, “Don’t care to know various theories about body and soul, do good and be good, that will take you to whatever truth there is”
(D) All of the above
24. Pre-existent values are not accepted by
(A) Idealists and Existentialists
(B) Idealists and Pragmatists
(C) Idealists and Realists
(D) Pragmatists and Existentialists
25. The fundamental national values have been given in
(A) Preamble of our Constitution
(B) Articles of our Constitution
(C) Entries of the lists of subjects
(D) All of the above
26. Which Philosophy believes in the duality of existence, prakriti and soul ?
27. Who said that “Material and spiritual Knowledge is already present in man covered by a curtain of ignorance” ?
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
28. Delinquency is committed by the children in age group of
(A) 7 – 15 years
(B) 8 – 18 years
(C) 6 – 14 years
(D) 9 – 19 years
29. The principal function of NCERT is an extension work with the State Education Departments centering around the improvement of
(A) higher education
(B) school education
(C) secondary education
(D) technical education
30. The curriculum construction in Indian education is mostly influenced by
(A) Child’s Psychology
(B) Teacher’s Personality
(C) Family structure
(D) Constitutional provisions
31.view that education does not bring about social change, rather the social change result into an educational change’ was
(A) Mc Dougall
32. Intelligence Quotient is computed by which of the following formula ?
33. Stanford Binet Scale measures the following attribute of an individual :
34. The objective of Inclusive Education is
(A) to uncover and minimize barriers to learning
(B) to change attitudes behaviours, teaching methods curricular and environments to meet the needs of all children
(C) to promote constantly the local cultures and contents of various communities of the society
(D) All the above
35. Which one of the following concepts is not related to formal organization ?
(A) Unity of Direction
(B) Chain of Command
(C) Span of Control
(D) Hierarchy in structure
36. Who emphasized that the aim of education should be the development in children the feeling of international brotherhood and attitude international understanding ?
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
37. The main center of informal education is
(C) Radio & TV
38. Match the items of List–A and List–B :
39. Which of the following does not in favour of the individual aims of education ?
(A) The individual is an asset to the society – his development and growth are necessary.
(B) The society is strong if the individual is strong.
(C) Every individual is unique, development of his potentialities is essential.
(D) Society is supreme and all individuals are only part of it.
40. According to whom “Educational Psychology is the Science of Education” ?
(B) Crow and Crow
41. The family imparts education to the child
42. Which of the following is not the criterion used consistently for placing people in a particular social class ?
43. One of the following statements is correct, identify it :
(A) A scholar in his/her subject need not prepare and go to the class.
(B) Preparation for the class is not needed for well experience teachers.
(C) Irrespective of his/her experience or scholarship, a teacher needs to prepare and enter the class every time.
(D) A skilled teacher can manage classes even without preparation.
44. Which of the following is not a common element of a research
proposal and a research report ?
(A) Objectives and hypotheses
(B) Implications for further research
(C) References to previous research
(D) Sources of information/data
45. When a researcher includes in his sample those individuals who are willing and are readily available, the sampling technique is called
(A) Simple Random Sampling
(B) Quota Sampling
(C) Snowball Sampling
(D) Incidental Sampling
46. A method of sampling that ensures proportional representation of all sections of the population is termed as
(A) Simple Random Sampling
(B) Stratified Sampling
(C) Purposive Sampling
(D) Systematic Sampling
47. which of the following may be primary sources of information for researcher?
(A) Encyclopedia of educational research
(B) A researcher view article
(C) Research paper in a professional journal
(D) An abstract of a research study
48. Which of the following is similar to case study ?
(A) Longitudinal studies
(B) Social surveys
(C) Follow up studies
(D) Horizontal Studies
49. A teacher is strict in maintaining discipline in class in curricular and extra curricular activities. But there is always room for discussion regarding clarification of doubts in teaching-learning and conducting other activities. what is the approach of teacher towards students?
50. The Vedas teach us that
(A) creation is without beginning
(B) creation is without an end
(C) creation is without beginning and without end
(D) creation has a definite beginning and also an end
51. Among the following teachers, whom you will like the most?
(A) One who uses motion picture as a last resort.
(B) One who uses charts and map.
(C) One who uses boards occasionally?
(D)One who uses film projector along with the proper use of the board.
52. A study in which direct perception of an incident or object made is
(A) Naturalistic research
(B) Practitioner research
(C) Phenomenological research
(D) Descriptive research
53. A simple correlation was calculated between two variables after
removing the effect of a third variable from both, the resulting
correlation is called
(A) Partial correlation
(B) Part correlation
(C) Multiple correlation
(D) Canonical correlation
54. Reorganize the following steps of descriptive research in a correct sequence:
(a) Collection and processing of data
(b) Interpretation of results
(c) Identification of a problem
(d) Drawing conclusions
(e) Drafting of the report
(f) Formulation of hypothesis
(A) f c a b d e (B) f c a e b d
(C) c f a e b d (D) c f a b d e
55. In a survey for finding opinions of students on influence of teachers’ behavior towards them, one student said, “A teacher who cannot follow rules and regulations is of no use to anyone.” The comment points towards which behavior of a teacher?
(A) A teacher needs to be efficient in content delivery.
(B) A teacher needs to be a model to students in all aspects.
(C) A teacher first needs to be obedient before asking
Students to be so.
(D) From teacher, students learn all misbehavior.
56. The consistency of evaluation-results is measured by
57. Stratified sampling is adopted when
(A) the universe is homogeneous
(B) the universe is heterogeneous
(C) selected groups need to be studied
(D) data about the universe is not available
58. Which of the following is the first step in starting the research process?
(A) Searching sources of information
(B) Survey of related literature
(C) Identification of a broad area of research
(D) Searching for solutions to problem
59. The teacher’s major contribution towards the maximum self-
realization of the child is best affected through
(A) constant fulfillment of the child’s needs
(B) strict control of classroom activities
(C) sensitivity to pupil needs, goals and purposes
(D) strict reinforcement of academic students
60. Which of the following is the most important quality of a teacher ?
(B) Content mastery
(C) Content mastery and communication competency
61. A researcher commits Type I Error when he
(A) accepts Null hypothesis when it is false.
(B) rejects Null hypothesis when it is false.
(C) accepts Null hypothesis when it is true.
(D) rejects the Null Hypothesis when it is true.
62. The major objective of a qualitative research study is to
(A) understand a process or concept
(B) study group-differences
(C) predict relationships
(D) explain variation in measurements
63. Beginning with the “family”, which of the following constitutes correctly sequenced hierarchy of social groups ?
(A) Nation – race – class – tribe – family
(B) Family – class – race – tribe – nation
(C) Family – tribe – race – class – nation
(D) Family – race – class – tribe – nation
64. Reading readiness test does not measure the following function :
(A) Visual discrimination
(B) Verbal comprehension
(C) Number computation
(D) Letter recognition
65. Which of the following activities strictly comes under the management of teaching-learning activity ?
(A) Recruitment of teachers
(B) Preparation of time table
(C) Equipping the classrooms
(D) Appointing attending staff
66. If a student fails to answer a question in your class, you will
(A) punish her
(B)ask her to sit down
(C)try to prompt her
(D)ask another student to answer
67.The ‘standard error of a statistic’ is a measure of
(B)Errors of Measurement
(C)Errors of Prediction
68. Which of the following gives a more accurate measure of relationship than the other three ?
69. A democratic teacher is one who
(A)understands the socio-economic background of his students
(B)is affectionate even to poorly performing students
(C)tolerates non-relevant questions from the students
(D)tolerates even mischievous and aggressive behaviour in students
70. Find among the following behaviour which is according to professional etiquette of a teacher :
(A)Ignoring a student, who is interested in answering a question, more than once.
(B)Saying sorry to colleague on taking five minutes of her class time due to unavoidable circumstances.
(c)Coming late to class and not giving proper excuses to students.
(D)Taking extra classes to complete syllabus.
71. The Rosarch Inkblot test consists of
(A) Five black and five coloured cards
(B) Ten black and ten white cards
(C) Five black and white & five multi-coloured cards
(D) Ten multi-coloured cards
72. Which of the following terms is Brelevant to a qualitative study?
73. Which of the following is a characteristic feature only of experimental studies?
(A) Control of extraneous variables.
(B) Study of cause and effect relationship.
(C) Observing variation in the dependent variable.
(D) Manipulation of treatment variable.
74. When a researcher checks the genuineness and authenticity of the source material, it is known as
(A) External validity
(B) External criticism
(C) Concurrent validity
(D) Internal consistency
75. An investigator studied the census data for a given area and prepared a write up based on them. Such a write-up is called
(A) Research Paper
(D) Research Report