Following are some of the objective type questions which will be helpful to candidates and student-teachers for various exams:-
- From which word does philosophy come from?
- What is the literal meaning of philosophy?
- What is the branch of philosophy which deals with the problem of reality?
- What is the branch of philosophy which deals with the problem of knowledge?
- What is the branch of philosophy which deals with the problem of value?
- Who is the originator of Socratic method of teaching?
- Who wrote the book ‘The Republic’?
- Who wrote the book ‘Emile”
- Who developed Kindergarten?
- Who developed ‘Basic Education’?
- What is the other name of Secondary Education Commission 1952-53?
- What is the other name of Kothari Commission 1964-066?
- Who stated that “the art of education will never attain complete fairness in itself without philosophy”?
- From which word the term School derived?
- Who stated,”schools are institutions desired by civilized man for the purpose of aiding in the preparation of the young for well adjustment efficient membership in society”?
- Who said,”school is a special environment where a certain type of activities and occupations provided with the object of securing child’s development along desirable lines”?
1. (Greek word Philosophia which is made up of Phileo meaning love and Sophia meaning wisdom
2. (Love of wisdom)
8. (J J Rousseau)
10. (Mahatma Gandhi)
11. (Mudaliar Commission)
12. (Indian Education Commission)
14. (Latin word Skhole whole meaning leisure)
15. (J S Ross)
16. (John Dewey)