1. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) held ‘chintan baithak’ session for stakeholders in renewable energy industry
2. Visa, the global leader in digital payments technology, announced the appointment of Sujatha V Kumar as Head of Marketing for India and South Asia. She worked with Google as Head in Brand & Reputation, Marketing and Strategy.
3. Master card announced a billion dollar investment in India.
4. Jagjit Pavadia, an Indian, has been re-elected by the UN Economic and Social Council to a five year term on International Narcotics Control Board with the highest number of votes of 44 in the 54 member council.
5. Singer Erhaloli Moses died.
6. Rakesh Sharma, Bajaj Auto Executive Director and also a representative of SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures) has been elected as VP (Vice President) of IMMA, International Motorcycle Manufactures Association (based in Geneva) during the annual general meeting of (IMMA) at Yogyakarta in Indonesia.
7. Bharti Airtel and Hughes Communication India have agreed to merge their broadband satellite or VSAT (very small aperture terminal) business to improve operational efficiencies and target new customers in areas such as in-flight connectivity.
8. NR Madhava Menon, father of modern legal education in India, passes away
9. Dragon Mihailovic is appointed as the coach of the Indian Balinese team.
10. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) under Ministry of Human Resource Development and National Health Mission of Public Health Department (NHMPH), Government of Maharashtra inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which focussed on the offerings of vocational programmes to the Health Service Providers of National Health Mission (NHM) with the help of NIOS.chintan baithak