Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invites online applications from eligible candidates for the Group ‘C’ post in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai / Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Navi Mumbai. The last date of application is 01/07/2019.
Name of the post: Work Assistant
Post Code: DR/01
No. of vacancies: 74
Educational Qualification: Tenth / SSC Pass
Age: Minimum 18 years and Maximum (UR- 27 years, SC/ST- 32 years and OBC-30 years) as on the last date of receipt of application.
Pay: Rs. 18000/- (Cell No.1 Level 1 of pay Matrix) + allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.
Nature of duties:
1. Cosmetic maintenance of laboratories and office buildings and surrounding areas including toilets, providing clean, neat and hygienic ambience in the area and miscellaneous office work. Cleaning and decontamination of plants / machinery, assistance in plants / workshops / store and other utility area. The duty may also involve working in round the clock shifts.
2. Duties include developing the gardens by digging soil and planting of different plants; maintenance of gardens by sweeping, watering, weeding, mowing, manuring, pruning and propagating plants and flower arrangements.
3. Agricultural operations including ploughing, harvesting, seed sorting / packing, pesticides and fertilizer treatment, bird watch, etc.
4. Miscellaneous office work etc.
Stage 1- Preliminary Test: 50 multi choice questions of one hour duration consisting of Mathematics (20 Questions), Science (20 Questions) and General Awareness (10 Questions). Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Note: Candidates scoring <40% in General Category will be screened out. For reserved candidates the lowest cutoff will not be fixed below 30%.
However, the number of candidates shortlisted for Stage-2 will depend upon the number of candidates qualifying in Stage-1 but will not exceed 4-5 times the number of vacancies.
Stage 2 -Advanced Test: Candidates qualifying Stage-1 Preliminary test will be eligible for Advanced Test comprising 50 objective type questions of two hour duration consisting of Mathematics (15 questions), Science (15 questions), General Awareness (10 questions) and Basic English (10 questions).
Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Final Merit List shall be prepared based on the scores obtained in Stage-2.
In the event of tie, following criteria will be adopted in sequence for deciding position in merit list:
• Candidate with lower negative marks in Stage-2 to be placed higher on the merit list.
• Candidate with higher marks in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
• Candidate with lower negative marks in Stage 1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
• Candidate with higher positive marks in mathematics in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
• Candidate with higher positive marks in Science in Stage-1 to be placed higher on the merit list.
Application Fee: For DR/01 – Rs. 100/-(Rupees One hundred Only).
Application Fee is exempted for Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities and Exservicemen eligible for reservation as per Government of India Orders.
Application fee should be paid on or before the last date of receipt of on-line application.
Mode of payment: Online.
How to apply: For online submission of application and procedure for payment of application fee, please visit the website https://recruit.barc.gov.in.
— Online application will be available from 08/06/2019 to 01/07/2019.
— The last date of application is 01/07/2019.
Intending and eligible candidates are suggested to check the following for more information.
Official notification: Click here
Website: http://www.barc.gov.inBhabha Atomic Research Centre, Maharastra, Mumbai, recruitment 2019, Work Assistant