The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a test to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research. The Test is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.
On behalf of UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Till recently, the CBSE conducted the NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected Cities of spread across the country.
From Dec 2018 onwards, the UGC- NET (for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both), will be conducted by the NTA.
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only depends on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor are not to be considered for award of JRF. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor are governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
Some of the suggested books for Paper 1 are mentioned below:
1. NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson | Latest 2019 UGC Syllabus | Includes 2012 – 2018(Dec) Solved Papers Paperback – 20 Mar 2019 by K V S Madaan
2. NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson by KVS Madaan
3. UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1: Teaching & Research Aptitude Paperback by Arihant Experts.
4. CBSE UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude Paperback by KVS Madaan.
5. CBSE UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1 by Mc Graw Hills
6. UGC-NET/JRF/APE Exam Conducted by NTA Paper-I 25 Practice Sets(Based on New Pattern of Exam) by Dr. Usha Rani Jain
7. Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I – Teaching & Research Aptitude 2019 Edition by Sajit Kumar and M. Gagan
8. NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude updated syllabus 2019 with Solved paper by Arihant Experts
9. 2019 Latest Syllabus – NTA UGC NET / SET / JRF – Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude with December 2018 Paper
by Harpreet Kaur
10. Trueman’s UGC NET Paper 1 by Sanjay Gupta and A. K. Singh
Arihant Experts, Books for UGC National Eligibility Test, Mc Graw Hills, Pearson, The National Eligibility Test